Chimera boss. How do I take it down?

Applepie

Sep 26, 2023
I have just reached the Chimera Boss in Phantom Liberty and it's getting me every single time. Any tips to get through this?

Solution
I did this earlier. There are a couple of things to note.

Along the top outer perimeter, there's a gun placement. yank that out and grab all the ammo next to it.

You need to hit the weak spots and some are not easy to hit but using the heavy weapon you can get a lot of the orange marked spots on the topside of the Chimera.

Some of the weak spots are tucked away and you are probably best to go to the ground level and strafe around it picking off these spots on the underside and back of the head. A powerful shotgun can do a lot of damage when you're in close. Just avoid the lazer and getting stomped on.

There's a section where you have to take out the drones. I used a sniper rifle to take these down and a shotgun when they came in...
I did this earlier. There are a couple of things to note.

Along the top outer perimeter, there's a gun placement. yank that out and grab all the ammo next to it.

You need to hit the weak spots and some are not easy to hit but using the heavy weapon you can get a lot of the orange marked spots on the topside of the Chimera.

Some of the weak spots are tucked away and you are probably best to go to the ground level and strafe around it picking off these spots on the underside and back of the head. A powerful shotgun can do a lot of damage when you're in close. Just avoid the lazer and getting stomped on.

There's a section where you have to take out the drones. I used a sniper rifle to take these down and a shotgun when they came in close.

It's a tough and lengthy fight but a really good one. Good luck!

Solution