SPF Technical Support

That's pretty much it. In addition, the missing dll files are patch independent--they are the same across all patches. Most of the differences between patches are covered by the game.exe, d2game.dll, and patch_d2.mpq files in the version folders.

Other than ragequit D2 forever, any ideas?

I did that for 10 years, and I don't recommend it. This isn't totally off-topic: the reason I ragequit was that there is a bug/fault in the way that ATMA interacts with 1.07 runewords and I accidentally borked my level 50 FO sorceress who *was* going to get me those sweet, sweet runeword base items. What I didn't know (until about a week ago) was that I still had some working backup files. In short, make frequent backups of your save and stash files if you don't already do that!

I am still struggling taking screenshots. I mapped the screenshot button to space bar but have looked in the D2 install folder (in program files) and the user/user/saved games/D2 folder for windows 10 (or whatever the pathing is). My D2 characters stuff is there but no screenies. Do you have to hold the button down for a certain amount of time or what am I missing?

They should show up wherever the “Start In” path is for the D2 shortcut. If you use RWM, they’ll likely show up in the Runewords folder.
Yes the runewords folder!!!! Thank you so much, now I can post all my sweet, sweet drops!

Reactions: Vildecor
@Vang: Are you trying to run multiple instances of 1.07? If so, all you should need is the modified d2gfx.dll in the Community & Links page.
I have that. I have no problem running multiples of 1.14, but the game.exe shows up in my background process and won't load another instance.

Now do I need to run a version switcher to get it to run multiples? (I just have 6 ssd's with different installations on each basically and one for backups)

Hello , I've played diablo 2 for years and have had no problem with go mule in the past. I just got a new laptop with windows 10 and I'm unable to get gomule to open. I downloaded the file and java. I have the jar file on my computer but when I click on it, it acts like it wants to open for a split second but the window disappears. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not very computer savvy, so it may just be a simple fix. I have searched for answers on my own but have been unable to find anyone with a similar problem? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help.

Is there a text file in the GoMule folder? Should be named something like 'hs_err_pidxxxx' where xxxx=numbers.

I have that. I have no problem running multiples of 1.14, but the game.exe shows up in my background process and won't load another instance.

The 1.07 modified .dll is different from the 1.13+ one.

Ok, I am also trying to get GoMule up and running. I had a version from 2011 and it wouldn't run, then I realized that I've gone through 2 computers since then and didn't have Java loaded. So, I downloaded Java and then decided to download the new version of GoMule. Once unzipped there is no GoMule.jar file showinig and when I click on the Adobe document, Adobe tells me that it can't open GoMule.jar!

I did save the old version of GoMule to a different folder, the Adobe file opens, but there is no longer a GoMule.jar file showing

The problem is that the .jar file isn't associated with the Java Platform.

Right-click the 'GoMule' file, select "open in another program" (or something similar sounding) and select Java. You can also make it the default opening program.

Yep, that worked sorta. Now I have the same issue that Stashmac has. Click on it and you get a screen flash open and then close before you can actually see what it looks like.

Is there a text file in the GoMule folder? Should be named something like 'hs_err_pidxxxx' where xxxx=numbers.

I'm using the one I had to change from the 1.07 download folder, unless that one isn't correct.

That's probably the correct one. If you want to try another one to see if it works, I've attached mine below.

Sadly I don't know anything about patch-switchers; I have a different installation for every patch.

Attachments

• 1.07 D2gfx.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 3

I don't see a file like that in the gomule folder.

I'm going to venture the issue is with nvidia vision. I'm unwilling to take it off to fix it and if I need multiples running ill just load up the game on one of my kids computers I suppose.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High