Covid-19 Prepping thread

Yeah, change for the sake of change is also stupid.
If keeping it the same is better than changing it do so, if changing is better, do that.

Reactions: Glurin
Travel from India to the US will be banned starting Tuesday. At the rate the cremations are happening in India right now, there won't be any trees standing by the end of the year.

New cases declined this week in 37 states. The rest of the states remained steady. 99.7% of covid hospitalizations were unvaccinated people. Vaccines work. 60% of Americans have 1 dose and 45% are fully vaccinated. Deaths are at their lowest since last July. About 600 per day.

Damn, I envy you Americans getting a good vaccine rollout.
I got my first shot as a Canadian a week ago today, and have no clue when the 2nd shot will be coming except for the '4 months' mantra we've been spoonfed.

Damn, I envy you Americans getting a good vaccine rollout.
I got my first shot as a Canadian a week ago today, and have no clue when the 2nd shot will be coming except for the '4 months' mantra we've been spoonfed.
Hey Turb. Long time no see.

I'm living in the states now and was able to get my 2nd dose after 2 weeks. My parents back in Canada who are both over 85 and my sister with severe health problems have to wait 3.5 to 4 months for the 2nd jab.

I hope that the US ramps up deliveries of vaccines north of the border. I think that they have enough stockpiled right now to give everyone in the states a double dose. Vaccinate Mexico and Canada and there is a chance that the borders can be opened this year.

Sup Dave, long time indeed.
How long have you moved to the US? I think comparing the vaccination efforts between Canada and the US is one of the few times I've been kinda envious heh. I've heard a fair number of stories of Canadians just hopping south of the border to get their two doses, and apparently they were even giving out vaccinations to 16+ attendees of a Bucks NBA game a few weeks back.
An increase to the delivery efforts up here would be greatly appreciated, especially over here in AB where people just stopped caring.

More than 10 years now. House is going on the market this month. Moving back to Canada. Deb has her immigration paperwork complete. Might do a year or two out on the west coast until we see how covid plays out and if it's not still raging as a new variant then we'll move to the Caribbean or we might say screw it and take our chances and just head south now.

Damn, that's a ton of moving around, but you gotta go where life takes you. I was dead set on moving out to Ontario maybe 6 years ago to look for work, ended up finding something here in Calgary. It's not as redneck-hillbilly as the loud vocal minorities make it seem, and it suits my lifestyle.
Just wish our province handled the Covid situation better, and now we're the laughingstock and the example of what not to do.

I am a little worried about the vaccination lag in Canada but I hope that it picks up as soon. I've always liked Calgary.

No kidding, seeing other parts of the world getting vaccinated while we were sitting here twiddling our thumbs caused a lot of anxiety. I made my appointment to get the first dose as soon as it opened up to my age group, even though my day-to-day life stays the same, the sooner we all get our first doses, the sooner we can open up to getting those sweet sweet 2nd doses.

Just got my second dose a couple minutes ago, still in the facility now. I can already feel the power surging through my body.

• Love
Reactions: superdave
Enjoy the new 5G!

The best part is that if I ever get lost, my wife can just call Bill Gates, and he can track me down. 👍

I heard the 2nd dose can be a real bummer for side effects. I didn't feel anything after my 1st dose other than a bit of arm soreness for a day and a half.
How are you feeling, Noodle?

Arm is definitely more sore than after the first one, but no big deal. Luckily I've had terrible allergies lately, so there's really no way to tell if there's any change there yet.

Arm is definitely more sore than after the first one, but no big deal. Luckily I've had terrible allergies lately, so there's really no way to tell if there's any change there yet.
I feel that, my dude. Allergies are destroying me this year, even though I'm staying indoors the overwhelming majority of the time.
Looking forward to the rumoured side effects of the 2nd dose though, so I can hopefully use some of my sick time.

Canada should surpass the US in 2 days for percent of pop given the first dose and by mid July/August for 2nd dose.

The vaccine supply shortage is over in Canada.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High