1.00 News, Info and Gossip

What would be the absolute dream boots look like?

Trires
30% frw
19 dex
19str

?

For a Exploding Kick assassin later.

what would good goldfindboots look like?

+Dex tops out at +14 on boots, which is still plenty. Gold find is a suffix, so I'd probably swap +dex for 119% gold find.

Reactions: d2lover
@d2lover Upped Gore Riders. I forgot in the last post, but you can’t up classic boots, it crashes the game (or at least did for me). Anyway, the answer would still probably be upped Gores.

Been playing a hammerdin lately. levels 1-18 are horrible but it improves rapidly from there, especially if you have 2 sojs to twink your character with. Here's my character shortly after attaining level 39 in hell cs:

Screenshot78.jpg

I'm not going for diablo yet, and i'm terrified of lord de seis, both because he crashed my game during a nightmare cs run (i tried to pick up a potion on the ground at the same time de seis hit me), and that he'll probably kill me until i get more hp and max resists.

Last edited:
Reactions: DariusTriplet
I'm not going for diablo yet, and i'm terrified of lord de seis, both because he crashed my game during a nightmare cs run (i tried to pick up a potion on the ground at the same time de seis hit me), and that he'll probably kill me until i get more hp and max resists.
I always empty my belt completely before de Seis and he never crashed my game so far.

For Diablo there is only one way to be safe: Greyform. It totally cripples him if you have good resists otherwise.

I always empty my belt completely before de Seis and he never crashed my game so far.

For Diablo there is only one way to be safe: Greyform. It totally cripples him if you have good resists otherwise.

How does the pink hose work? I checked my old writeups, and at 40% LR and 3 MDR, he one-shotted a character with 639 life in Hell. Obviously, not great resists+MDR, but I had hoped that it would provide at least some resilience against the hose.

Glad to see I'm not the only one on Team Greyform :cool: It really is an incredible item, and available for absolute peanuts.

How does the pink hose work? I checked my old writeups, and at 40% LR and 3 MDR, he one-shotted a character with 639 life in Hell. Obviously, not great resists+MDR, but I had hoped that it would provide at least some resilience against the hose.

Glad to see I'm not the only one on Team Greyform :cool: It really is an incredible item, and available for absolute peanuts.
I'm pretty sure it is frame based. I know that at least in some 1.10+ patch and onwards the effect of MDR is reduced versus the lightning hose. For modern patch see this page:
and for the fact that it isn't before 1.10 see this post by Jarulf which was just days after the release of 1.09:
That post also strongly implies that before 1.09 MDR came after resistances which would make it even more powerful against any elemental attack.

I personally must have had 75% LR and 7 MDR when I tanked Hell Diablo's Lightning hose:
See the equipment section at the end for the details. So that was quite a bit more than Greyform offers but still it was a vital ingredient.

Yeah, can't get a better item for that price :D

Dmg sucks but I guess this will do some maggot farming.

Grats, 125 durability is so much more convenient for maggot farming. I took me ages to find a good failed pike... (in the end, Cow King delivered).

Btw, on topic of maggot farming: I often use Howl and Taunt to reset maggot AI to "force" them to lay eggs. When I'm planning to do a longer haul of maggots, I use Taunt to lure most if not all maggots to a few central spots with more space around. That way you can get some ridiculously dense packs and you need to move around less:

This reminds me on my first ever "successful" character (Battle Hammer Bash barb 😄). For him hell RoF with maggots was a no-go zone, they spawned faster than he could kill them...

1632812367287.png

1632812415329.png

Usually I lure Hephasto (DO NOT FIGHT HIM!) near the RoF stairs to abuse the hellforge surroundings for even more maggots. The rushees are kept near the RoF WP, in front of Hadriel. Of course, everything between Hadriel and CS is killed before the rushees enter RoF.

My barb reached lvl 85 yesterday, the rushees are lvl 74. About 12mil gold stored, also found this semi-decent sword:

1632813311005.png

Howl and taunt to reset AI sounds brilliant!

After being informed that it's quite easy to get Soj in 1.00 I started my journey. I decided to start a Sorcy thinking the game will be a piece of cake.
Little did I know... It was probably my worst D2 experience as I was completely unprepared for what was coming.
I spent 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays playing all day to beat the game only to find out that Normal Cows can drop Soj too.
I finally found my pattern and I obtained my first 1.00 soj!! Yeah!

1.jpg3.jpg

After being informed that it's quite easy to get Soj in 1.00 I started my journey. I decided to start a Sorcy thinking the game will be a piece of cake.
Little did I know... It was probably my worst D2 experience as I was completely unprepared for what was coming.
I spent 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays playing all day to beat the game only to find out that Normal Cows can drop Soj too.
I finally found my pattern and I obtained my first 1.00 soj!! Yeah!
If you want to continue in 1.00 you should really ditch that armor, Greyform is much better :p

Reactions: Excalibur
I haven't tried gambling to be honest and I just started farming the cows so perhaps my gear will start changing soon!
But I mainly care only for Soj!
In case you know, now that I've found a Soj, if I equip it to my character will the Cow King stop dropping it?
Do I need to drop it down before killing the Cow King?

Thanks!

I haven't tried gambling to be honest and I just started farming the cows so perhaps my gear will start changing soon!
But I mainly care only for Soj!
In case you know, now that I've found a Soj, if I equip it to my character will the Cow King stop dropping it?
Do I need to drop it down before killing the Cow King?

Thanks!
Gambling has a 3% chance for uniques. So for cheap items like Quilted Armor it's really good but for rings it's easier to farm the cow king.

Usually people do this:
- Roll a CK map with SoJ pattern in a LAN game.
- Visit that game with your runner and leave the game with that character only. That character now has the same map as the one in the LAN game.
- Run until you got an SoJ, then transfer it to another character. Visit the LAN game again to regain the map.
- Rinse and repeat.

At least that's how I understood it. I never bothered with it. In any case you will need to keep an instance of the game running until you have enough SoJs. It's way more profitable for farming rares because you can run longer before you have to mule off and regain the map.

EDIT: If you wear the SoJ you won't get another one. Totally forgot to answer that :D

• Love
Gambling has a 3% chance for uniques. So for cheap items like Quilted Armor it's really good but for rings it's easier to farm the cow king.

Usually people do this:
- Roll a CK map with SoJ pattern in a LAN game.
- Visit that game with your runner and leave the game with that character only. That character now has the same map as the one in the LAN game.
- Run until you got an SoJ, then transfer it to another character. Visit the LAN game again to regain the map.
- Rinse and repeat.

At least that's how I understood it. I never bothered with it. In any case you will need to keep an instance of the game running until you have enough SoJs. It's way more profitable for farming rares because you can run longer before you have to mule off and regain the map.

EDIT: If you wear the SoJ you won't get another one. Totally forgot to answer that :D
Great thank you!

In pre-LoD patches, there is no such thing as unique qlvl, so if a monster can drop the base, it can also drop the unique. Normal monsters, first kill of act bosses, and the CK, that is. Bosses and champions can't drop uniques or sets.

You need Nagel and Manald either equipped, in inventory, stash or cube. You also need SoJ to be neither of these places, and not have spawned (unid in the gambling screen counts too!) already in that game. Leaving it/them on ground for the king kill will do, I've been told. Personally, I muled them off, which can be done without losing the map, but that method adds the risk of creating dupes if one is careless.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High