Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is one of those PC games that has a capped framerate. With some clever editing of files this cap can be removed by doing the following.
1. Go to your Steam folder (/ Program Files (x86) / Steam)
2. Open the userdata folder
3. Look for the folder number 287700
5. Click the Local folder and open TPP_GRAPHICS_CONFIG in notepad.
6. Now change “framerate_control” : “Auto” to “framerate_control” : “Variable”
7. Save and then launch the game.
The framerate should no longer be capped.
This video also explains how the cap removal can be achieved.